Thursday 29 December 2011

Aishwarya came between Salman & me: Somy Ali

Aishwarya came between Salman & me: Somy Ali 



MUMBAI: Salman Khan was Somy Ali's first boyfriend, one she came chasing to India to meet as a 15-year-old with a huge crush on the star.

Today, after a short Bollywood career, Somy, originally from Pakistan, has evolved into a US-based human rights activist.

A decade later, the former couple remains in touch. Says Somy, "Salman was my first boyfriend. I had a huge crush on him as a teenager. The crush led me to leave Florida and move to India and join films just so I could find him and get married to him. You have a license of doing idiotic things when you're 15. However, I do not have a single regret of pursuing my first love. They say if you can count four friends on your fingers and trust them blindly, you're extremely fortunate. Salman happens to be one of them. He has a heart of gold and I know for a fact that if I were ever in need he would be the first person that I would call."

In an interview to a lifestyle website, she said, "No regrets at all. I learned a great deal from Salman and his family. Teenage years are formative years for individuals, especially a young girl and spending my teenage years growing up in front of Salman has made me who I am today. Salman and his family taught me that it does not matter what religion one is, what culture one comes from, what makes a person a good person is their actions. He was a good role model to have growing up, outside of the boyfriend aspect of things."

And, who came between her and Salman Khan?? She states categorically, "Aishwarya Rai." But she doesn't blame either. She says, "Neither. They both did what they felt and believed was the right thing to do at that point in time. I don't like to hold grudges. It will only affect my growth as a person."

The last time she met Salman, currently single, was in Bangkok. "I was there for a women's rights conference and he was there for a film shoot in May 2011. We caught up as friends would and talked about our non-profits. We both complimented each other about making a change for the better."

Somy also plans to adopt a baby girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment